Bali Shopping Guide
Quick Shopping Guide to Bali
Click here to view the shopping in Bali Video Clip
Click here for your one stop solution to shopping in Bali
To some, shopping is a serious hobby. Where better to practice your bargaining skills than Bali? In Bali, unless the product is price-tagged, bargaining is the "norm". Try not to accept the first price that you are given, as most vendors add on anything between 30%-50% extra. You'll get more for your money, if your prepared to spend time and smile whilst bargaining. Although tempting, try not to make any major purchases for the first few days. Look around, take your time, bargain hard and then buy.
Bali's shopping centers and department stores are a wonderful place to start your Bali shopping spree. Air-conditioned and free of hawkers, goods from all over Indonesia are available at very reasonable prices. Many of the labels you see here are not merely rip-offs, they are often produced under license in this country and can therefore be sold at great savings. Even brand name cosmetics can be bought at excellent prices as they attract little duty in Indonesia. Shoes and children's clothes are always a great buy in Bali's departments stores, the quality and variety attract many shoppers and the prices are hard to beat.
Ladies and Men's fashions range from cheap and tacky to well made local and international designer labels, the canny shopper will always find something to suit. The major problem with shopping in Bali is trying to find bigger sizes. This is still a frustration for many westerners, although things are improving.
Luggage, accessories, sporting goods, toys and games, crockery and household goods are all good buys also.
Remember to hit the print button on your browser and bring this quick guide with you to Bali.
|Department Stores |
- Bali Galeria Kuta - large Matahari Department store as well as a range of smaller shops such as Osh Kosh (very reasonable priced!), Kidz Station ( similar to Toys r US... prices also similar ) - very comfortable place to spend a few hours shopping. Has a food hall too!
- Discovery Mall - The newest mall in Bali -
There is a centro department store with a number or specialty stores, a
supermarket, electronic city, a great food court and a starbucks on the
- Kuta Square - Large Matahari as well many small shops selling as designer clothes such as Armani, Versace DKNY. Great shoes can be found at the BATA and Buccheri stores.
- Kuta Center- range of small shops and restaurants - operates as a night market with stalls in the evening.
- Matahari Department Store Denpasar,
- Ramayana Bali Mal in Denpasar
- RIMO near Ramayana Mal in Denpasar.
- Robinsons opposite Matahari in Denpasar
- Tiara Dewata in Denpasar - good for shoes, and clothes
- Libi Plaza
- in Denpasar, good for sporting items, electrical goods and stationary needs.
- Makro - For electrical goods and lots more at excellent prices, pay a small fee for a Makro card and enjoy a huge range of cash and carry items. Located on the By-pass near Sanur. NOTE: Children under 12 are not allowed in the store.
- Animale-Range of coordinating printed separates Kuta
square and Jalan Raya Ubud.
- Biasa-Excellent range of women's wear, Jl Raya Seminyak
- Bouncy wear-Trendy clothes and accessories for women, Jl Basangkasa Kuta and Jl Legian
- Body and Soul-Aimed at a younger market,up-to-the minute styles Kuta Square.Jl Legian Tel 756297
- By The Sea-Excellent range of beachwear, Jl Legian 186, Kuta. Tel 757775
- Hakuna Matata-Looking for something different, Jl Raya Seminyak.
- Iccha-High quality cotton, linen and sequined garments, Jl Raya Seminyak, and Bemo Corner, Kuta.
- Milo's-tactile range of silks, Kuta Square. tel 754081
- Rascals-swimwear and accessories, Kuta Square (C6) Jl Legian and Ubud (B4).
- Serene-A minimalist dream. Jl Raya Seminyak, 47. Tel 8353585.
- Warisan-Beaded dresses, stunning silk sarongs, embroidered kabayas, Jl krobokan, Tel 731175
- Mama & Leon-Embroidered cottons in
white, beige, gray and basic black,
Sheraton Nusa Indah. Tel 775014
- Vida-Full of stylish fashions, Bali Mal Galleria, Jl Bypass Kuta
- Mainstream designers-Versace, Dolce and Gabbana, Chanel Kuta
Square and Kuta centre.
- The Village Boutique-Eveningwear and accessories The Village restaurant in Sanur. Tel 285025
- Indigo Kids-Four stores in Kuta/Legian/Nusa Dua, kid's wear.
- Kuta Kids-is a must for the younger boys and girls. Jl legian and bemo Corner, Kuta. (C6)
- Kids A go go-A bright, fun collection of brilliant batiks, Hard Rock, Jl Pantai Kuta.
- Kahuna Surf Kids -Great collection of colourful kid's surfwear. Jl. Legian - Kaja No. 476 Kuta
- Rags Junior-Latest styles and colours for both girls and boys. Jl raya Seminyak, Basangkasa (C2)
- Mambo-Jl pantai Kuta and Jl Legian, Tel 752275
- Dreamland Surf-Stocking all the biggies, Kuta Square. Tel 755159
- Jungle Surf-All major brands, Jl Legian
- Ocean Pacific-Jl Legian
- Quiksilver- Kuta Square, Tel 751044
- Surfer Girl-Jl Legian 138, Kuta
- Stussy-Jl Legian
- The Curl-Managed by Rip Curl, Jl legian, Tel 757404
- Volcom-Kuta Square
- Watersport-Kuta Beach road Tel 765673
- Athletes Foot-Brand name sports shoes. Matahari, Denpasar and Jl Melasti, Legian.
- Asr/action sports retailer-A huge range of surf and sporting goods, Jl Legian.
- Nike Shop-Stocking Nike for men, women and children. Kuta Square
- Proshop-Bali Golf & Country Club-Fully imported exclusive golf shirts and accessories.
- Raja Sports-Everything from football, badminton, tennis, golf and most mainstream sports. Jl Gaja
- Duta Silk-High quality silks, Linens, cottons, lace, Wool and Velvet. Next to Matahari, Denpasar. Tel 232818
- Busana Indah-Printed rayon and assorted other fabrics. jl legian, tel 751185 close to the Double Six intersection.
- Nogo-Jl Hyatt,Sanur
and Jl Legian.
- Wardanis-Exquisite ikats, songkets, endeks and the like. Jl Monkey Forest, Ubud.
- Click here for Your one-stop solution to Shopping Visiting Bali ? planning on shopping ? Sourcing Bali can assist you with all of your personal shopping needs. Sourcing Bali takes care of everything : hotel pickups, pre-scheduled shopping programs, advice on best buys, plus packing and shipping of bulky items. You can select from one of our prearranged tours or we can create a tour to suit your specific needs. Tours are based on 5 hours or 8 hours of shopping and include air-conditioned transportation, driver and 'shopper', refreshments and local knowledge of where to shop.
- Sukawati Markets
Sanur and Kuta Markets.
Sunrise Organic Market - Mon, Wed, Fri
:8am-Midday, Jl Mertasari Kerobokan
Click here for Ganesha Bookshops, Ubud, Bali (Books, CDs, Tapes, Cultural Seminars, Music Workshop).
Click here for Java Nola Furniture. - Whether you or your client need quality furniture for a Hotel Project or a Museum quality textile for a Boardroom, Java Nola has the experience and the resources to make your ideas a reality.
Click here for Kopi Bali - the Tjahjadi family started their coffee business in Bali around 1935. You can now explore the rich tradition of Indonesia's finest coffees online. Kopi Bali is Indonesia's premier gourmet coffee roaster. A favorite coffee for the Bali community and visitors alike. Discover an exciting variety of great tasting coffees, unique blends with distinct characteristics created from premium beans sourced throughout the islands of
Indonesia, the world's third largest coffee exporter.
Click here for Your one-stop solution to Shopping! Visiting Bali? Planning on shopping? Sourcing Bali can assist you with all of your personal shopping needs. Sourcing Bali takes care of everything : hotel pickups, pre-scheduled shopping programmes, advice on best buys, plus packing and shipping of bulky items. You can select from one of our prearranged tours or we can create a tour to suit your specific needs. Tours are based on 5 hours or 8 hours of shopping and include air-conditioned transportation, driver and 'shopper', refreshments and local knowledge of where to shop.
Click here for
Sourcing-Bali.com SOURCING BALI is the Trading Name of PT Sourcing Bali -
established in 2000 - supporting the needs of overseas buyers of Indonesian
products. We cater to private buyers, hotels, resorts, interior decorators,
professional meeting planners, wholesalers and retailers of home wares,
furnishings, clothing etc.
| Kuta Legian Seminyak | Denpasar | Nusa Dua | The Bypass |
| Sanur | Batubulan | Celuk | Sukawati | Ubud | Tegalalang |
| Gianyar | Tenganan | Kamasan | Klungkung | Bona |
| Bedugul | Duty Free |
| HOME | Shopping Guide to Bali |
| Bali Travel Guide | Bali Villas | Bali Video Clips | Bali Chat Room | Bali Forum & News |
Bali Maps | Bali Restaurant Guide | Bali Hotels | Gateway To Bali | Diving | Bali Island |
| Bali Beaches | Bali Events | Bali Shopping | Bali Shops | Bali Nightlife | Bali Restaurants
| Bali Family Holidays | Bali Places | Bali Boutique Hotels | Bali Cruises | Rafting Bali | Wedding in Bali |
| Bali Arts
Festival | Adventure in Bali | Bali Architecture | Health and Spa | Product Exports |
Other useful links
| Wedding Guide | Bali Hotels
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
All images and
text on this site are the property of MMC Marketing Group and
affiliates and are protected under International
copyright laws. Copyright ©1996-2012 All rights reserved.